Loyola High School has its pre-history in the school the Jesuits had at the National Defense Academy (Joint Services GOI). In Oct, 1954, Fr. R. Schoch on behalf of the PJSS, approached the authorities with the help of Mr. W. X. Mascarenhas, “to offer services of our Society in establishing a school.” On Feb. 2, 1955, an English section and a Hindi medium section were started. The Hindi section was handed over to the Maharashtra Rashtra Bhasha Sabha, Poona.
In April 1960, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), gave immediate approval and promised to lease necessary land for an English medium school, which would serve the neighborhood of National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), University of Poona and others. Prof. M. S. Thacker, Director General of CSIR laid the foundation stone of the school on Jan. 29, 1961. Subsequently, the Jesuit Residence, Staff Quarters, and a swimming pool grew into a large complex.
The school has an active alumni network (ELAN).
List of Principals:
- 1960 –Fr. Rudolph Schoch, SJ
- 1961 – Fr. Anton Rehm, SJ
- 1963 – Fr. Alphonse Oeseh, SJ
- 1966 – Fr. Rudolph Schoch, SJ
- 1973 – Fr. Vincent Gomes Catao, SJ
- 1976 – Fr. Kenneth Misquitta, SJ
- 1978 – Fr. Vincent D’Sousa, SJ
- 1979 – Fr. Joseph Toscano, SJ
- 1983 – Fr. Thomas Ambrose, SJ
- 1984 – Fr. Vincent Domes Catao, SJ
- 1986 – Fr. Vivian Lobo, SJ
1991 – Fr. Savio Rodrigues, SJ
1993 – Fr. Anil Soares, SJ
1996 – Fr. Joseph Palliparambil, SJ
2003- Miss. Fatima Oliver
2007- Fr. James Thorat, S.J.
Loyola High School, Pashan Road, Pune 411 008
Tel. Res. (020) 25675681 School: 25656699
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org