ST. JOSEPH’S CHURCH, PANCHGANI
In 1876, Fr. D. L. Carvalho, Vicar of Holy Cross Church, Mahableshwar, under the Archdiocese of Goa, obtained permission from the Collector of Satara for erecting a Chapel in Panchgani to cater to the spiritual needs of the Catholics in this Hill-Station. It was just a shed at the beginning, dedicated to St. Joseph, and gradually extended to hold services conducted by a Priest coming regularly from Mahableshwar. This was the Old Church, later converted into the present Old Church Bakery.
The present Church was constructed by Fr Martin Durack, SJ, the Parish Priest, in 1912, and blessed by Bishop Henry Doering, SJ on 19th of October 1913. In 1995, Panchgani wan made a separate Parish from Mahableshwar.
St. Joseph’s Church
Panchgani – 412 805,
Dist: Satara Tel (02168) 241877