Snehasadan had its beginning on the ground floor of Mr. Oak’s apartment, Sadashiv Peth in 1958 for the purpose of inter-religious dialogue. It was started by Fr. Guy Deleury and Fr. Anthony Prabhu (later Swami Amalananda). Later Snehasadan was built and various programmes were conducted. The activities included Inter-religious meetings, lectures and seminars on religious themes, cultural programmes, mostly classical/semi classical Indian music, bhajans and kirtans.At present, Snehasadan also houses the office of Niropya – a Catholic magazine in Marathi.